OPI launches its new Nordic collection. These 12 incredible shades were inspired by the landscapes and tone of Northern Europe. You cannot go wrong with this collection because there is such a diverse variety. You can go bold in the early fall, deeper into the winter transition and cool on those frosty days. It’s the best of both seasons!
Before we go over some of OPI’s newest shades, let’s talk a little about the basics. These colors come in OPI’s original bottle, which I have dropped (accidently) several times on a wooden floor, and the bottle didn’t shatter. It is sturdy and great for travel.
I found the brush to be very thick, which can be hard on little nails (like mine), but I managed. The product is still well worth it. For each color below, I had to do 2 coats, except for the cranberry shade, which is really nice and easy.
Let’s take a look at the Nordic collection!
- Purple is my absolute favorite color AND it looks great in both the fall and the winter! I am actually wearing it right now and the color looks really rich and radiant. I wore this shade with a light yellow, sunflower dress and I just loved it! Purple and yellow are opposites on the color wheel, so I thought it was a great match! Although I like the shade, I found it most difficult to apply. It did not go on as smoothly as the other shades did – I noticed that I had to use a generous amount of paint to steer clear of streaks. BUT I do think this color is a wonderful addition for the upcoming seasons!
- The start of the weekend is nothing to “wine” about! This wine/cranberry color is a must have for the months of September, October and November! I fell in love with this color last fall and am so happy OPI added it to their Nordic collection. It goes great with any outfit – I specifically like to wear it with a cream/brown mix outfit. This shade applied really nicely – I only needed 1 COAT! You don’t find a nail polish like that much often!
- This creamy coral is a nice transition shade from summer to fall. It isn’t too neon and not too cool – it’s just right! It certainly is bold, though and will make a great statement! This shade goes on extremely smooth and looks shiny, even without a clear top coat. I was big on wearing coral and black last year and still think it’s a trend this year. This is an August must have!
- Getting more neutral, this coffee color polish will be booming in November! When I wear polish on my nails, it is usually a pink, bright shade. I would have never thought to wear brown, but I actually really like it! This collection has several other brown shades and I definitely want to try them out!
- Saving the best for last… this gold shade is INCREDIBLE! Before seeing this color in stores, I thought it was a light brown, but it is the most dazzling, shimmering gold I’ve seen yet. This shade is the ultimate ruler in the Nordic collection because it can be worn in any end-of-summer, fall and winter months. It’s doesn’t have sparkles, but instead has a sophisticated shine. Obsessed!
DON’T FORGET! There are 7 other beautifying shades in the Nordic collection!
You can find them on the Image Beauty website OR at your local Image Beauty store.